Monday, December 03, 2007

Oh Verizon, how I HATE your phone system

I have Verizon Fios (which is great). So I have automated bill payment and this month they claim I missed a payment which I know I made because it shows on my bank bill. So I talk to a robot for awhile - she gets me nowhere. So then I finally get a human being. They said, "You are in Texas and need to be in Virginia." I say, "Why am I routed to the wrong place when I call the number on the bill that reads, "If you have a question about billing, call..."

Each human being (I'm on with the 3rd - "Michael" trying to route me to the 4th) I speak to tells me it's the wrong place.

I work hourly and it costs me a lot of money and time to deal with this crap.

The most basic question about billing and no one can answer. And of course in the age of technology, they still don't list an email address on the bill. I could simply send a note and they could take their time answering but instead they FORCE me to waste my time sitting on hold bouncing through their phone system.

You gotta love monopolies! Aren't they great?

Funny - they have a commercial going during my wait time where the woman says, "Are all Verizon Fios support people so helpful?" or something along those lines. She must have known which number to call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home