Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Farmers Insurance Policy


Last year, I switched our auto and home insurance to farmers because I knew the agent personally. I got very good support from her. However, she moved to another company and I was given a new agent. In June I contacted him regarding an update to our policy. He was very responsive and sent me documentation detailing costs associated with the update. At that time I did not make the policy change.

This month on August 17 and on August 31, I sent e-mails asking questions about performing the update. When I called on August 31 his voicemail stated that he was on vacation the week of August 10 so I assume he is back now. I left a message asking for him to call me back.

I still haven't heard back from them either via e-mail or phone so today I called the farmers company directly. The problem with farmers is that each agent is essentially a franchise operation so if your agent is out of town, you are a bit SOL. Farmers put me in touch with his district manager. At least they gave me the phone number. When I called the district manager's office, I got his voicemail and I started to leave a message. I was about five seconds into the message and I thanked me for my message and hung up.

Auto insurance and homeowners insurance seems to be a competitive business so it seems odd to me what poor support I am receiving. I will probably be shopping around soon. I realize that people go on vacation in August but it seems like they should have contingencies in place when that happens.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Knight said...

So now I am told that he is no longer an agent. Nice of him to tell his clients. The answering people told me that's one of the reasons he's no longer with the company. Slipshod operation in my opinion. Guess business is good if they feel like they can treat people this poorly.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home