Sunday, February 22, 2009

Comcast kicks me on the way out

So when I cancelled Comcast, they told me I had 30 days to return the box. It took me a couple weeks to get around to it but my wife returned it. I made a point to tell her to get a receipt for it which she did.
So today I'm looking at my last bill and expecting to see a credit but instead see a charge for $225 for not returning the box. So I have to go make sure my wife still held on to that receipt.
So listen up boys and girls, make sure you get a receipt for things like this because you can be sure someone is going to claim you never returned something you returned.

2 Comments:

Blogger ComcastCares1 said...

The bill was probably already out in the mail when the box was returned and we had no way to reflect it on the bill.

Please send me the phone number on the account. We will make sure that the returned equipment is reflected on the account. Sorry for the trouble.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

11:24 PM  
Blogger Jim Knight said...

Thanks very much Mark. I called this morning and they said they have refunded the charge and show the box was turned in. So that's great.
I guess I wonder why the customer service rep told me I had 30 days to return and then the charge went on. So maybe the charge goes on ahead of the 30 days or maybe I misunderstood and it was less than a 30 day window.
Anyway, thanks for your concern, I did feel more confidence that you were going to help me out and I appreciate it.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home