Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Careington Dental

In December, I got renewal information from Careington Dental. I didn't intend to renew but they had my credit card. Today is March 10 and I'm reconciling my credit card and see a charge in January from them.
I called to cancel and spoke to John. He said he would cancel but I would receive a prorated refund "at best". I asked him if that means they might charge me the full amount and he said yes. Also, he said if there was a refund at all I have to wait 30-45 days to see it on the statement. I asked why and he said he wasn't sure. Of course I have to pay the full amount while waiting for the refund.
So now I am calling Chevy Chase Bank Platinum Visa to challenge. Got the first guy on the phone after waiting on hold for 5 mins. Told him the story and he said he would get me over to the fraud department. Someone picked up right away - yay. Lina on the phone says this is a dispute, not fraud. Their direct # is 800-625-5162. Listening to music...In a previous blog posting, I raved about American Express and whenever I have one of these disputes, I wish it was American Express. They have the greatest dispute resolution of any credit card. They will take the customer's word when they challenge the charge and force the merchant to prove it is owed instead of the other way around.
Mike said they are sending me a dispute resolution form via mail and will put the amount in limbo pending resolution. So not too painful so far. We'll see how it goes.
As a side note, I liked Careington when I used them. They give a dental discount for a bit over $100/year that most dentists will honor. It's a decent discount for people who have no dental insurance. My only beef is with auto-renewals. I hate auto-renewals.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cancellation and refund has been processed, you should see a credit to your account soon. Careington will send you a letter to provide more details about your posted concerns.

Thanks,
Kris K. Virgin
Careington International Corporation
800-441-0380

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home