Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Cancelling Vonage is fun

Step 1, scour the website looking for cancellation info. Can't find anything. Do a google and found some obscure reference to cancellation. Called the #. They said to call during the week to speak to an account manager.
Step 2, call during the week. Spoke to first person, they transferred me to someone else. That second person dropped the line.
Step 3, call back again, type in phone number. First person who answers asks me for the phone number again. In the age of computers, this really drives me nuts. I just typed it in and the person talking to me has no knowledge of it (or maybe they ask for some other reason but it is really irritating).
Step 4, speaking to sales person. Trying to convince me to keep Vonage. Having to go through all this trouble to cancel should really be illegal.
Step 5, after 10 minutes of begging, she finally said they respected my decision. Now, can I please be put on hold while she does the cancellation? I say yes.
Step 6, back on line, please wait 2 minutes while I get the confirmation number.
Step 7, back on line, can you confirm your email address. We are waiting for disconnection button.
Step 8, cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home