Friday, January 09, 2009

Cancelling Verizon Fios business

4:12 pm Listening to music on hold...
On Monday, I'm getting a Fios package for residential so removing Fios for business today. Hoping it will be a smooth transition. I love Fios, much more reliable than cable. Finally moving to Fios for TV, cable, phone combo.
4:15 pm - Not sure how much longer I can wait on hold. Music is horrible and no updates about how long I should wait.
4:17 pm - Still waiting. I guess I'll call back.
4:18 pm - I called back and this time typed in a phone number. When I said "I don't have one" before, I sat on hold forever.
4:20 pm - Robot tells me I can reach someone in 3 minutes (25 calls ahead of me).
4:21 pm - 8 calls ahead of me.
4:25 pm - Speaking to representative. I'm sure he's going to tell me I have to wait to get business services.
4:28 pm - He's having a hard time finding my account.
4:29 pm - Now he says he only deals with home phone services. He is going to check with his manager. "We don't do Fios for businesses. You have to call local business services." So now I'm asking what that number is.
4:31 pm - Calling the local number. Same robot asking for the 10 digit phone number. Saying, "I don't have one." Big risk.
4:34 pm - Phone is ringing but no one is picking up.
4:36 pm - Ok digging up the bill to call the # on there.
4:38 pm - Speaking to the robot again. Back to music.
4:40 pm - "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try your call again later." Hangup.
4:41 pm - Ok this time I'm not going to say anything and see what happens. Maybe the robot will transfer me to a human being.
4:43 pm - The robot won't let me through. Trying to answer the robot with a different set of answers to see if I can get through.
4:44 pm - He said he's transferring me to billing services. This is amazing. Good thing I quit my job to make this change. Makes you love small companies.
4:45 pm - "All consultants are busy helping other customers. Please stay on the line..." Music...
4:47 pm - I give up. I guess I will just speak to the guy on Monday about cancelling the existing account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home