Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ordered a product from macmall.com


Previously, I had a good experience with macmall.com. This time, I put my office address on the order but forgot the suite #. Big mistake and now they are making me pay.

I went to the order status page on macmall and it has a link to UPS tracking. However, they have the link labeled as "Masked for your Protection 1 of 1". So I called UPS this morning to tell them the suite # but because I couldn't provide the tracking #, UPS wouldn't update the address.

What I was hoping is that UPS would come into the building and look at the list of companies because the suite # is listed in the lobby. No such luck. They didn't do it. They put an exception in as follows: "A CORRECT SUITE NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION".

So I call macmall.com and speak to Andy x7839. He tells me he can't help me and they are keeping the tracking # a secret "for my protection". He needs to transfer me to customer service. I ask, "Will I sit on hold for that for awhile?" He says, "No I will transfer you to a live person."

Click, now I'm listening to a ringing phone. No answer.

I feel very protected right now that I can't just call UPS and give them the tracking # and tell them the suite #. Thank you macmall for protecting me.

So before "Andy" transferred me to a ringing phone, he told me to call in and click extension 4 to get customer service. So that's what I'm doing now. Now I get to listen to the hold music instead of just a ringing line.

While I was on with Andy I asked if I could just cancel the order but he said no.

More music....

Finally on with Jasper x7801. Tell him the situation. Give him the order #. He seems helpful. A lot of typing on his end. Asked to put me on hold but I said no. He said he will update the carrier (UPS) with the info but it will take another 24 hrs to process. I say ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home