Friday, December 12, 2008

Trying to cancel goemerchant.com

Ok, so I guess this blog is turning into a complaint center for trying to cancel accounts. Fun to vent.

I called yesterday to cancel my goemerchant account. Going to use paypal now. That is going well. Everything is working over there. So I went on the goemerchant chat last night and asked about cancelling. "You need to call xxx-xxx-xxxx to cancel."

So today I call the number to cancel. "Linda is out for the afternoon."

Meanwhile, Elavon sent me a threatening letter that if I didn't send them some compliance documentation by 12/15, they would charge me $135. So I called Elavon to cancel the merchant account. Spoke to Jeannie. She says they can't cancel the account unless goemerchant tells them to. She will make a note in her account that I tried to cancel ahead of the $135 charge. I said, "Can you email me a copy of that note so I have documentation?" "We can't email", she says.

So then I call back to goemerchant and speak to Gera in sales. She says that Janice will send me a cancellation document that I need to get back quick because they leave at 4:00 pm (it's 2:55 now).

So I'll see what time Janice sends me the document.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened with Elavon? I'm going through the same process and was charged the $135.00 because I never received a letter. There are some real horries stories, here on the internet, about Elavon freezing your bank account and taking the money and holding it for 270 days.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home