Monday, January 12, 2009

Residential Fios TV saga continues

Ok, Fios was scheduled to come between 8am and 12pm. It's not 12:26 pm and no sign of them. No call. I am working from home today to deal with it. Luckily, my time isn't very valuable.

Called the number on the email they sent detailing the installation confirmation. That was the wrong place so now transferred to another place and now listening to music.

12:27 pm - "Due to heavy call volume...." More music.

This morning I called to cancel the business internet service tomorrow. So now I am worried that they won't make it out today and I won't have internet service. Maybe I can just switch to residential internet and skip the tv/phone due to unreliability. At least Comcast answers their phone.

12:30 pm - I think I would rather hear nothing than this music.

12:36 pm - Someone finally picked up. "What phone number are you calling about?" I told her my phone number and then she said she would transfer me to FIOS person.

12:37 pm - Speaking to some guy. He said he will transfer me to the people who will tell me what time the technician will arrive.

12:40 pm - Speaking to George. He's looking it up by order number.

12:42 pm - He tells me the order has to be rescheduled because of the f***ing business line already on there. I added the f***ing part. I tell him I knew that was going to be an issue which is why I was trying to call to discuss it with someone but couldn't get through because their phone system sucks and George replies, "Yes that can be a challenge."

12:44 pm - George says they knew about this on 1/8 and thus delayed the installation date. Of course no one tells me that and in fact I got an email on 1/10 with subject "Awesome News! Your Verizon FiOS Installation is Just Two Days Away!"

12:47 pm - Listening to music while George checks on something.

What really sucks is I already put in the order to cancel the business service tomorrow believing that the residential install would happen today so now I will have to wade through press 1 for this, press 2 for that to undo the cancellation.

12:56 pm - George is transferring me to the business Fios dept to undo my cancellation. Also meanwhile, I wasn't updating my replaytv lately in anticipation of new dvr.

12:59 pm - Speaking to Joe about undoing my cancellation.

1:07 pm - Music....Apparently, undoing a cancellation takes a lot of time to accomplish.

1:13 pm - Joe said the order to cancel has been cancelled.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello νеry coοl site!! Guy .
. Excellent .. Superb .. I wіll bookmark your web site and take the feeԁs also?
Ι'm satisfied to seek out so many helpful information here in the submit, we'd like dеvelоp morе stгаtegies
in thiѕ regaгd, thanks fοr sharing.
. . . . .

Check οut my web-site: Tens Units

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home