Monday, January 19, 2009

So I sat home again waiting for Verizon Fios

Last week, guy told me that he would set up so someone would be at my house between 8 and 12.

At 9:00 am, I decide to call. They canceled my business internet service on Sunday (a day before they said they would) so now I can't get to the internet to grab their phone number.

So after some searching, I come up with it.
9:16 am Calling in.
9:22 am Got a guy on the phone. He says the data order has been converted but now he will have to re-setup the dispatch now that the business data was disconnected. I wasn't too happy with re-setup given that the previous guy told me I was first on the list for Monday.
9:30 am I tell him I only need data. I want to cancel the order for TV and phone. He puts me on hold. Music.
10:00 am I drove all the way to work and was still on hold. Finally got someone. She is offering me a $100 amex card to keep my business. Ironic because if the service was there I was a willing customer.
10:06 am But then my cell starting to die. Ugh. Asked her to call me on another number. Got disconnected. I guess she isn't calling me back. So calling back on the main number.
10:15 Called back in. Got someone new on the phone. She has to transfer me to cancellation group. I told her I had to wait 1/2 hr for the previous woman. She said she will try to get me to someone quickly. She also told me that on Monday, the person can't call people back if they drop off the call. So now listening to music again.
10:19 am Music....
10:28 am Music....
10:30 am Calling in on another phone to see which one gets through first.
10:40 am She says I can't just cancel the TV and phone part of the order, I have to cancel the whole order. She is going to get some assistance with this. What a nightmare.
10:40 am Now they have me over a barrel actually because by having to switch to Comcast internet is going to be annoying too.
10:41 am She came back on and now I'm asking for the 6 month discount she said originally.
10:43 am She's giving me a $30 discount for 6 months starting with the second bill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home